STONY BROOK – PCR-based DNA manufacturer Applied DNA has partnered with chemical manufacturer GHCL to launch Rekoop, ‘sustainable’ bedsheets made by blending cotton with polyester fibre obtained from recycled PET bottles.

The companies say that 36 PET bottles are used in each sheet set, 40 per cent of the total material – the remaining 60 per cent being cotton. They say that this helps in the reduction of landfill space, crude oil consumption and carbon emissions in the atmosphere.

Why Subscribe?

BACK ISSUE ARCHIVE
OTHER PUBLICATIONS FROM MCL NEWS & MEDIA

Interested in advertising?

Simply give us a call

Sales: +44 1977 708488

Or if you prefer email, click on the button below and we'll get back to you asap