As our new Environmental Sustainability Manager, you will assume a key role in accelerating sustainability both within and outside BESTSELLER. You will take the lead on driving and further developing the strategy for climate, biodiversity and water that will enable us to deliver on our Fashion Forward strategy.
APPLY BEFORE 10 DECEMBER 2019
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
DO YOU WANT TO DRIVE THE SUSTAINABILITY AGENDA IN A GLOBAL FASHION COMPANY?
At BESTSELLER, we are committed to accelerate our journey towards a more sustainable future, bringing fashion forward until we are climate positive, fair for all and circular by design. Join us to take the lead in further developing and driving the environmental strategy for climate, biodiversity and water in BESTSELLER.
You will join BESTSELLER’s rapidly growing Sustainability department, which is committed to inspiring, engaging and leading our business and industry to become more sustainable. We are an international team of skilled and driven colleagues, each focusing on specific areas that will support our ambitious sustainability strategy, Fashion Forward. Alongside our internal work, we participate in major international forums and initiatives and collaborate with external peers to influence the future of our industry. Consequently, we provide a dynamic work environment with every opportunity to shape the sustainability agenda and initiate and execute significant change.
More specifically, your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Leading our climate strategy and drive the target setting commitment under SBTi
- Developing and leading a holistic water strategy
- Advancing our knowledge within the field and developing our biodiversity strategy
- Ensuring that our environmental strategy is aligned across all impact areas and across our entire value chain
- Supporting an effective communication and reporting strategy on the topics and priorities to team members and managers
- Following up on goals and tracking performance KPIs
- Representing BESTSELLER in selected environmental stakeholder forums and initiatives
- Attending relevant industry events and meetings
- Maintaining positive, proactive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
You can expect approx. 30-50 annual travel days.
- Master’s degree in business/environmental management, project management or related field
- 5+ years of experience in the areas of climate, biodiversity and/or water within apparel/fashion or similar industries
- Experience driving goal oriented transformation processes
- Experience working in a large, international organisation will be beneficial
- Experience in managing multiple projects and coordinating with internal colleagues and external partners, vendors and other stakeholders
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Our desired candidate
Based on your strong knowledge on environmental sustainability and your business acumen, you communicate with great impact. As you will be collaborating with colleagues across BESTSELLER and with partners in the industry, it is further key that you can establish and develop relations at all levels. It is inherent in you to be proactive, and consequently, you are always aiming for innovative solutions that will enable us to maintain our competitive edge. You are structured, and can manage several tasks at the same time, while adhering to your deadlines. Furthermore, you work well independently, and always follow through with your projects – from strategy to implementation.
Ideally you will work from one of our headquarters in Aarhus or Brande, but for the right candidate we can be flexible.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions for this position, please contact BESTSELLER Sustainability Manager Dorte Rye Olsen at +45 99 42 35 94. Otherwise, please send us your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than the 10th of December 2019. We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and reserve the right to take down the posting before the application deadline if we find the right candidate.