Location: Hong Kong
Are you a movement maker? Are you seeking new and exciting career opportunities? READ MORE to find out what you need to know about the job
Strategy And Technical Assistance To Stakeholders
- Provide technical inputs to the Fung Group and Company sustainability strategies, including refining measures and targets to include tracking of actual impact (e.g. water, chemicals).
- Using your subject matter expertise and industry network to provide expert information on sustainability to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure tools, education, & system evolution to integrate environmental impact into business functions. Offer leading practice and technical expertise to accelerate positive progress.
- Influencing external stakeholders such as companies, vendors and trade associations to move toward a common goal.
- Lead adoption of the Higg Index (Facility Environmental Module and the Product Module) throughout Fung Group companies’ supply chain, managing environmental data collection, validation, and analysis.
- Help to identify and implement supplier remediation and capacity building solutions around issues identified through Higg (or other environmental measurement tools) with a focus on energy, water, wastewater and chemicals.
- Contribute to the development of science-based targets on climate and drive supply chain actions aligned with the pathway to achieve net-zero by 2050.
- Develop and provide technical assistance to projects aimed at driving an increase in preferred materials in products and to reduce the use of single-use plastic in packaging.
- Working with Materials and Design teams to evaluate sustainability claims on processes and materials claiming new product sustainability attributes, functions and effects.
- Create materials to educate internal teams (including designers, supply chain, raw material etc.) and streamline processes across the Fung Group companies.
- Strong background in Chemistry, Engineering, Textile Science or environmental science. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Technical expert in one or more of the following areas: Climate Change (Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHG), Sustainable Materials (preferred materials, green packaging and chemistry), Energy and Water Use (including waste water).
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with global companies to implement environmental programs in their own operations and the supply chain, preferably in one or more of the following sectors: apparel, cosmetics, household and furniture and logistics.
- Strong professional experience with a demonstrated ability to influence and leverage internal and external partners.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, especially Excel.