The Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) is seeking a sustainability professional to advance the mission of the Coalition by engaging its members to fully participate in and benefit from the Coalition’s activities. This includes advancing training, guidance, and support for SAC members in their utilization of Higg Index tools as a core aspect of members’ sustainability strategies.
About the Organization
The Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) is an industry-wide group of more than 250 leading apparel, footwear, and textile, brands, retailers, suppliers, service providers, trade associations, nonprofits, NGOs and academic institutions working to reduce the environmental and social impacts of products around the world. Through multi-stakeholder engagement, the SAC seeks to lead the industry toward a shared vision of sustainability built upon a common approach for measuring and evaluating apparel, footwear and textile product sustainability performance delivered by the Higg Index that spotlights priorities for action and opportunities for technological innovation. The SAC was incorporated as a 501(c)6 nonprofit organization and launched the ground-breaking Higg Index suite of tools in 2011. In May 2019, the SAC spun-off the Higg Index technology platform to the newly formed Higg Co, a Delaware Public Benefit LLC. For more information, visit www.apparelcoalition.org
The SAC is a fast paced, global organization, and therefore seeks an individual who will be constantly seeking to improve and evolve processes to meet the needs of its community of members. Trusting and strong relationships among SAC staff and members are critical to our success. The Manager, Member Services will provide high-quality deliverables and work that reflects our values and advances our mission. Efficient and effective planning and execution will be a requirement of this position.
SAC seeks a Manager, Member Services who:
- Is motivated by the mission of the organization and knows that success comes through teamwork and strong relationships.
- Is solutions-oriented when navigating change and uncertainty.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and aspires to achieve high levels of performance.
- Can manage relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders at all levels within SAC member companies and non-corporate entities such governmental agencies, NGOs, and academic institutions; and across global and regional, large and small organizations.
- Plans ahead to proactively seek to understand the implications and interconnectivity of the Coalition’s work.
- Works closely with teammates in the realization of the SAC’s goals.
- Contribute to the increased professionalism of the organization by working collaboratively with teammates and stakeholders to ensure that processes and systems are robust.t and executed while honoring SAC’s culture of innovation.
- Learn more about the SAC and the Higg Index at http://www.apparelcoalition.org
The primary purpose of the Manager, Member Services – APAC is to support SAC member activities, and includes the following 4 key objectives:
- Build long-term relationships with members and ensure member satisfaction and retention.
- Drive and support Higg Index adoption at scale.
- Continue to improve and evolve our membership engagement processes
- Be a team player and work with your team mates towards achieving the goals set in SAC’s strategic plan for the membership team
The Manager, Member Services - APAC will work closely with a wide range of individuals. Reporting to the VP Europe, you will work closely with the Vice President, APAC for daily member engagement within the region. The Manager, Member Services - APAC will coordinate engagement, services and quality assurance with other member services managers in Europe, Americas and Asia. S/he will also work with SAC’s Business Development team to onboard new members and ensure that they are fully informed about the work, products and processes of the SAC. Finally, the Manager, Member Services - APAC will cooperate with SAC’s related organization, Higg Co, to coordinate member needs related to adopting the Higg Index.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate a positive member experience from on-boarding onward and build substantive relationships to increase member engagement and retention.
- Assist our members in the development of adoption road maps for their organization to ensure sustained use of the Higg Index suite of tools at scale and adherence to member requirements.
- Conduct regular touch-bases with members to understand member priorities, concerns, challenges and opportunities.
- Conduct regular regional meetings with members to share best practices and gain alignment on adoption goals.
- Update and maintain existing member database utilizing Salesforce in an accurate and timely manner to ensure the most accurate information.
- Deployment and Promotion of SAC-Branded Professional Services / Products:
- Support the deployment of services for members to support them in their adoption efforts, including Higg Index training, verification, adoption and analytic services.
- Quantify the business case for Higg Index use through case studies and best practice guides.
- Plan, schedule and execute member webinars and meetings.
- Support the development and execution of in-person membership meetings (logistics research / event planning, management and execution).
- Support communications and business development initiatives as needed to help drive member engagement and retention.
Ideal candidate has:
- BA degree with 5 years’ experience including in client or stakeholder engagement;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Experience working in sustainability within the apparel, footwear, industry or adjacent industries;
- Higg Index knowledge, interest, and/or experience;
- Experience working with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- The ability to create lasting partnerships with colleagues, members, and stakeholders;
- Superior written/verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate clear, concise information;
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative, project management, and time management skills; results driven with the ability to carry out multiple responsibilities without supervision;
- Enjoys a fast paced, dynamic, challenging and team-oriented work environment;
- Good presentation skills and listening skills;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying attention to detail;
- Demonstrated professional or personal interest in sustainability;
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally;
- Eligible to work in Hong Kong.
Compensation and Location
SAC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience with competitive benefits. SAC's members are global organizations, and as such, the SAC staff sometimes works early or late hours. This position is a full-time position based in Hong Kong.