SPONSORED CONTENT - Saco Green is one of the leading sustainability companies in the textile industry, based in Shanghai, China.
Over the years, the firm has invested in optimizing what it says is a “transparent, sustainable” supply chain for all products. Its philosophy is to keep the delicate balance of People, Planet, and Profit, inspired by the needs of the world.
Saco Green products are certified, ensuring full transparency and traceability through the entire textile supply chain, from farm to finished product.
The company started as a socks company and produces all kinds of socks. Over the years of development, it has introduced a whole line of sustainable yarns and completed a traceability system.
With a new aim to be a leading supplier of garment textiles in China, the business has expanded its product range into garments, seamless, underwear, knitwear, home textiles, and accessories like beanies, scarves, gloves and slippers.
“Sustainability is the only way to act,” it says. “Sustainable thinking is at the heart of everything we do, and means that we only choose fabrics and yarns that take care of our environment, and we also work with factories that are also concerned with their impact.”
The company says it strives to reduce its environmental impact, reduce its pressure on virgin resources and reduce the environmental pollution caused by plastic. “Our values are tangible. We believe in traceability and transparency,” it adds.
“We are really focused on always investing in a new sustainable and recycled product that can inspire us with innovative ideas.”
Some of the company’s sustainable patented solutions are:
- Indidye, plant dye natural color - 100% plant derived for cotton, recycled nylon cellulosic fibers and wool
- Reacryl recycled acrylic
- Veglon PLA cornstalk bio based fiber
- Biodegradable socks and garments
The firm reports that it also has a new, recycled silk fiber coming soon.
Saco Green’s goal
By delivering on our corporate philosophy of “contributing to society through the creation of new value with innovative ideas, technologies and products”, the manufacturer insists it will do its utmost to reach its goals.
- Make business oriented toward good service and quality.
- Provide sustainable choices in the fashion industry while protecting the planet.
- Close follow up and support to buyers and designers.
- Minimal impact on the environment: Choose materials that are low on both social and environmental impacts and obtained with respect for all living creatures.
- Reduction of toxic and harmful substances at every stage of the production process.
- Social responsibility to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
- Environmental responsibility with particular attention to water and energy resources on production.