SPONSORED CONTENT : TESTEX, an official representative of OEKO-TEX®, is a globally operating and independent Swiss testing and certification institute. Our expertise lies in testing, analysing and certifying textiles and leather. In addition to the headquarters in Switzerland, the TESTEX Group and its subsidiary OETI now operate with 30 branches across North America, Europe, Asia and Africa and over 350 employees worldwide.
Sustainability, transparency and ethical standards are core principles to which TESTEX is committed. The TESTEX Group pursues long-term goals when it comes to sustainability. We are constantly working on tests and certifications to provide the best possible solutions for the apparel industry today and in the future. We are committed to the Sustainable Development Goals - a core component of the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda. We’re actively helping to achieve the UN SDGs that affect the textile and leather industry.
OEKO-TEX® certification enables consumers and companies to protect our planet by making responsible decisions. It offers independent certifications and services to have products tested for harmful substances, to protect the environment and to ensure fair working conditions for people working in the textile and leather supply chain.
What’s new in 2023?
OEKO-TEX® ORGANIC COTTON
OEKO-TEX® ORGANIC COTTON is a certification system for textiles which have been tested for the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and harmful substances. It is suitable for any textile raw, intermediate and end products at any stage of processing, including textile accessory materials which are made of at least 70% organic cotton.
The certification provides:
- Supply chain traceability from farm to product
- A qualitative or quantitative statement (<10%) on the presence of genetically modified cotton (GMO)
- Testing for harmful substances, including pesticides
- 100% organic: ORGANIC COTTON certification & label
- Minimum 70% organic: ORGANIC COTTON Blended certification & label
- Less than 70% organic: STANDARD 100 certification & label
- Increased product quality and safety for consumers
- Tracking of material use from input to output
- Cost savings through the OEKO-TEX® modular system
- Greater customer confidence
Choose OEKO-TEX® ORGANIC for a caring approach to our environment and your health.
For more information about our services please visit www.testex.com